Wednesday, April 13, 2011

AMERICAN GRUNGE

vintage Victor Costa maxi dress I cut down the front, vintage destroyed denim shorties, vintage Smokey the Bear hat, AA white crop tee courtesy of American Apparel, Lulu's triple platform biker wedges with customized studs by me, oversized turquoise cross necklace from Darine, vintage multi cross necklace, vintage bangles and B.E. rings
If I you want anything online these days you have to literally PAY for it! Like an arm, leg, your first born and your kid's allowance for a year! Nowadays if I see something I go straight to my studio, find similar items and take the scissors to it. I used to feel for my clothes but now I understand it's JUST FASHION. This dress was a bit boxy and didn't fit well since I'm boobless. But it had a lot of potential with the color, print, sleeves and asymmetrical layered skirt. So I cut it down the middle and saved myself 120 BUCKS!! You like?? I like.
The heat is turning up in Houston but the nights are nice. (Lovin' those orange and purple skies!) I'm thinking of asking for a grill. I may be fuckin' skinny but I can throw down in the kitchen!! You won't catch me on the next Top Chef or anything but it taste good. I'm making crawfish on Friday for my friend, Teresa. Crawfish and Korean dramas, FUCK YEAH!! Really wish you guys can come.
Well I'm off to start preparing things for when Ephraim gets home. The king will have a heart attack if he doesn't have his snacks! Thank you guys for all the support. It's not easy being a blogger
 but somebody's gotta do it!
mwah,
Virgin

31 comments:

Lisa Ann said...

That's a great vintage find! The color looks great on you. I wish I could get so lucky at the shops.

www.sugarcoatedstyle.com

☮ Lisa Ann

Inside my head and wardrobe said...

i love what you done to this dress virgin ! great look ! probably my favourite blogger at the min

http://myheadandwardrobe.blogspot.com/

effortlesscool said...

loving those heels! and that robe/dress is amazing, wish I could rock something like that!

XO Sahra
EffortlessCool.wordpress.com

Michele said...

You are so beautiful! I love what you did with the dress, and you're so right about how expensive things are online. So I usually do my own thing and customize stuff like you! Awesome! x

Tonia of Chic Modern Vintage said...

I love the dress!

Chic Modern Vintage

Isabel Spectre said...

I wish I could come over for food! You look great here, one of the main reasons why I read your blog everyday is that you have so many DIY and creative combination. I love what you do with fashion, you take it to another level.. of grunge, bohemian, 90's amazing.


http://iflyastarship.blogspot.com/

Vintage Rules said...

Love your wedges

wendayfang said...

Just found your blog through tumblr!
Followed! X

YOUTH IS TRUTH said...

you are friggen gorgeous!!

mickey Vin said...

I love these colors on you it really brings out your skin tone and beauty =)

Shevah said...

I love it. The boots and the long kimono/cape-esque garment.. are well amazing.

Rachel said...

Great setting and outfit...so theatrical. :D

H I P P O R A C L E said...

Inspiring as always, mama.

Steffys Pros and Cons said...

i love your destroyed denim!

<3 steffy
Steffys Pros and Cons

M & Em said...

Only you could make a flowy dress look this badass.

xoxo
Em

isis said...

love that you cut the dress!

theamericano? said...

Your blog is AMAZING! I feel in love!

Vasilieva said...

these shorts are to die for, totally fab look

http://elenavasilieva.blogspot.com/
x

Claire Dub said...

That pink is soooo good on you.
<3

xx

Insomnia said...

the grunge look will always live on!

TheStreetFashion5xpro said...

Gorgeous outfit...great shots and post!

Lemonade Money said...

Favourite outift post.

All my favourite colours.

Check out my blog:
www.lemonademoney.blogspot.com

xo

Lisa said...

The Dress/Kimono/thing is killing me! Ur doin it Lady! ♥

rouli said...

really amazin!!!!!!

love ur maxi cardi:)

My Fashion Destiny said...

OMFG!! I LOVE your blog!! I think that now it's my fav blog :) xoxo

Cara said...

You are absolutely STUNNING! This is a gorgeous outfit, you are lovely. Great blog, I am a new follower via Teen Vogue Fashion Click ♥
xo Cara
http://www.afashionloveaffair.com/

Igor RÄ…dlewski said...

amaizing photo !


Pozdrawiam,
radlewski.blogspot.com

The Factory said...

Your outfit is amazing, have a look on our blog

http://factorygoods.blogspot.com

Sleepy Darlings said...

What a perfect solution! ive got so many thrifted maxi's that are just too girly, and i love the idea of wearing it as a little coat over something badass. rock on!

sleepydarlings.blogspot.com

Machine Darine said...

Hey babygirl you look totally rad!! I may have to take your idea on cutting up an old dress, cuz that looks great on you! Espesh with the necklace shipped from NY. I LOVE you! See you this summer! Xoxoxooxox

MachineDarine
www.machinedarine.com

BlackMind said...

Wow. very inspiring post!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...