Monday, February 21, 2011

FRINGE

(everything thrifted from head to toe)
 vintage gauze floral fringe capelet, $3 American Apparel dress found while thrifting, vintage Smokey the Bear hat, Zara leopard faux fur bag, Bueno Bueno feather tail, vintage oversized cross necklace, vintage bangles and B.E. rings
So my LATEST OBSESSION right now are floral fringe capelets/coverall! I would stab someone for one that has a red and black velvet burnout effect with extra long fringe, mmm YUM! I searched online and some of these people want a leg, arm, first born and your cat when it dies. Way outta my budget! So I found a shawl while thrifting that did the trick, it's gotta be a good one, with eye catching details and fringe, not your grandmother's movie shawl!  Just add 1 button or as many as you like to the front and BAM instant fringe cape. Slouch it over whatever you like. I decided to do a black out and bring your eyes straight to the capelet. Try it at home kiddos, this is probably the easiest DIY ever!
For the past couple of days I've been really busy but for some reason EXTREMELY HAPPY! I've been walking to work which helps me cut out time at the gym. Renewed my faith in Jamba Juice and bought one of those oversized calenders from Walmart to help me stay on track. I can honestly say "life is good"!!
Thanks for all the love on a daily,
Virgin

30 comments:

Ofelia said...

Great finds! Love your outfit!

xx

Dressingfiyah said...

You are beautiful, as usual !!!

Carmen said...

I love your style <3 <3 <3

Wild Flower said...

Hey VV, your hat is fab!!!! Great idea with the shawl, you are awesome with your DIY's. So cool to hear your positivity and 'life is good'. I hear you with the burn out kimono things...Hope you manage to find something and make it yourself and you end up $100's richer!

Inside my head and wardrobe said...

V this look is great i love that frindge poncho and also love your necklace. I love your DIYS !

http://myheadandwardrobe.blogspot.com/

Shilpi said...

you always know how to wear your fringe!

xx

sftrend

Mely said...

I LOVE that cape you made! Gorgeous, this has totally inspired me, I need to get my ass over to a Goodwill, and get me a shawl to work with!
http://dawnofstyle.blogspot.com/

MUTANTES said...

bohemian feelings

Rachel said...

Love the styling! So elegant and bohemian!

Dorothy Siemens said...

I love the shall so much. Its so delicate, yet really makes a powerful statement!
Your styling with it is really great too! Love all the black underneath :)

http://deedeeoho.blogspot.com

H I P P O R A C L E said...

do you take your own photos or do you have a friend who photographs you? i love every photograph!! very inspirational :)

you make houston look wonderful :)

Jerrica said...

great job thrifting. I'm really digging the floral capelet. :-)

dearest,
http://fashionnostalgia.blogspot.com/

Caylen said...

You would be the BEST thrifting buddy. I think i've finally found someone as obsessed as me! He he. Love your blog. Following you!!


xx
http://wildheartsblog.com

gypsyjean said...

You have great style. I love everything about this look & I want it all! xoxo

isabelle said...

totaly amazing. your'e so fucking beautiful! love you blog, hugs.

Anne said...

Amazing as usual, why me go thrifting and never look like you???

Becky said...

Your so beautiful! Jealous

Ellie said...

Love your style so much, and your blog is seriously great!! Amazing outfit!

Stacey Kay said...

OMG AMAZINGGGGGG!!!!


xoxo
Stacey Kay
“Runway Inspiration, Vintage Decoration”
New Post! www.GoodwillHuntingg.com
Fashion interns needed; Cleveland area
My Vintage Handbag Line

Fashion By He said...

amazing heels

come follow the first ever fashion blog from a Guys POV, let He know what you think

Fashion by He

Jess said...

ah you lok really pretty in the pics I love your individual style!

http://lwig-lookwhatigot.blogspot.com/

Merci Couture said...

Wow, this look is absolutely gorgeous, cute acessories! you look incrediblee!

Justyna said...

beautiful fringe, but i love your shoes too!

Anonymous said...

U are super awesome!

KellyJoy said...

Gorgeous bohemian look, fabulous photos!

dear mina said...

Love this look!
xoxo,
mina

http//www.minacaragay.blogspot.com

Minna Karoliina said...

AMAZING outfit! <3

Lucas said...

Like your blog :P

penelope sarah Armstrong said...

beautiful as always!

love this look!

www.fashion-fade.blogspot.com

x

Raven Willow Moon said...

Great pics, I myself am obsessed with the fringe capelets/coveralls.
And you're right about the prices beings insane, I am always searching for these beauties and find so many that are unattainable, it makes me wonder why people set prices that prevent people from actually BUYING the items??

Enchanted Blessings


ravenwillowmoon.blogspot.com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...