Thursday, December 23, 2010

LETTERMAN

(everything thrifted from head to toe except Zara skinnies)
vintage 50s letterman sweater, vintage monogram blouse, vintage straw boater hat, Zara zipper skinnies, Modern Vintage double buckle booties, vintage gold hardware bag, vintage bangles, vintage oversized cross, 80s Purple wayfarer sunnies and B.E. rings
Call me a snob but I HATE wearing the same thing twice, (I mean I can afford to since everything I buy is 50 cents, hehe!!), but this sweater just speaks to me so I wear it like allllllll the time! It has the perfect fit and the cutest band letterman patch, plus it's black and matches majority of my "dressed down" clothes. I can honestly say, "I LOVE THIS SWEATER!", don't you??
So tomorrow is going to be the biggest day of my life, I'm going to meet my bf's parents!! After being together for all these years it took them awhile to understand our family and accept me being black! Yes it's 2010 and interracial couples are still considered taboo in small towns in Texas! They finally see that I'm a genuine person regardless of the color of my skin. And being the person that I am I can't fault them for being closed minded. I am a little scared cause I am going to Buttfuck, TX where all the bigots live!! So wish me luck cause I will check a mf if they get outta line, hehe!
You know I love you all, right??
Kisses,
Virgin

20 comments:

Stacey Kay said...

GIRL! You go out there and be fabulous and prove all those crazies wrong!

You are beautiful. Love this outfit.

xoxo
Stacey Kay
“Runway Inspiration, Vintage Decoration”
www.goodwillhuntingg.com

Vintage Coat and Hat from My Grandma’s Closet

Shevah said...

I really like this letterman jacket. I've thought about finding one like it. :) Looks great.





www.shevahh.blogspot.com

fashionforwriters.com said...

Oh my gosh! Good luck darling, I know you will blw them away. I had a friend dealing with the same thing--it's hard when you have to take your beliefs (bigoted or not) and actually face a live person, because most people are kind and not at all threatening, which makes it all the harder to remain racist and small minded when you are engaging with a real, life human being.. at least that has been my experience and I know your effervescent, beautiful personality will win them in the end!

I love love your booties and your amazing sweater!

xx Jenny

Celine said...

Digging that bag :)
www.thewardrobediaries.com

Bluefemme said...

I am sure they will love you!You will blow them away with your beauty and amazing talent and style!

sojourned in style said...

gorgeous as always! i agree with bluefemme, im sure they will love you, good luck

lydia-lee said...

craazzzy! good luck!

you look amazing as always!

**OnYxStA** said...

really liking the "all american" vibe of this look...

http://say-bleurgh.blogspot.com

Kathleen Carla. said...

you seriously have such a gorgeous style. so happy i found your blog. am now following you on here and blog lovin' :). adore the bag the most <3.

<3, Kathleen.

coy colleen said...

the classic teddy boy look for 2010 - you're such a style inspiration! love it

Nika said...

Fab! Fab!

Anonymous said...

duude thats cool, your from where im from :)

Aisa.Pax.Paking.Paxie said...

I hope everything goes well with the meeting. I'm sure they'll love you! We all do!:) Happy holidays dear!:)

http://ipaxme.blogspot.com

ANewPairOfVintageBoots said...

Goodluck ;)

You look fantastic, like always!

Happy Holidays!

http://anewpairofvintageboots.blogspot.com/

Kirstie. said...

Good luck love. You know there feelings have nothing to do with you. It has all to do with the people they are and even how they were raised. We've come to far to still have racism in this day and age its a scapegoat so theres someone to be able to place the blame on. Im done with the rant..I love your sweater lettersmans are love.

-Kirstie

Megan Meenan said...

that letterman jacket is amazing !! I also love that vintage bag

great look

http://myheadandwardrobe.blogspot.com/

CeCe said...

1. This outfit is amazeballs. Love it.
2. Often times resistance stems from ignorance. Once people know about something and can experience it for themselves, they're much more open to it. Just be yourself and all will be fine!

Cece from LoveBrownSugar

Sound Surround said...

Adore this look . SU-PER-BE

Chomy said...

love this to bits!!

how can they not love you? YOU are awesome, i am sure you will have a good time luv!! lol at checking a mofo who dares get out of line...you better or how else wld they ever learn.

here's to eradicating ignorance everywhere...its a long shot but a better wish than 'world peace' init?!:)

HARLEY WOOD said...

Looking incredible as per. I am very very jealous of your gold cross pendant and have been trying to find one of that size for the last year..grr! X

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...