Saturday, October 30, 2010

a walk down MEMORY LANE

(everything thrifted from head to toe except jeans)

MiH Marrakesh bellbottom jeans, vintage DIY dress shrug, DIY faux fur bag "The Beast", vintage Siennaesque hat(thanks Brandi), white cutoff V neck, stacked wooden platform mary janes, vintage chain belt, wayfarer sunnies, elephant necklace, vintage bangles and B.E. rings
Have you every found an okay piece while thrifting but you know deep down it's a goldmine? You think add a little this, change a little that! Well that's how I felt when I came across this so-so 70s dress. The pleats, I LOVE and the sheerness/length of it, I DIED! But the shape of the dress was all wrong so I cut it straight down the middle and it became an oh so MAJOR shrug/lounge jacket!! Bells, "The Beast" and my so called Sienna hat joined forces to make me look OUTTA SIGHT, DYNOMITE, hahaha!
Okay on a serious note. Can I get a moment of silence for my lovely camera? The shutter broke yesterday so I'm S.O.L. but THANK SATAN Joel's going to replace it with the upgraded version!! Eeeeeeeee, best bf EVER!! So I'm hoping bigger and better pictures and plus I get to learn how to work a new camera.
Guess what?? My letter to Fall Weather was answered cause it's cold as FUCK!! So I'll be busting out more coats, YAAAAAAY! 
Love you all and just thankful to have you!!
Virgin

18 comments:

.shea marie. said...

you are so awesome. i love reading your blog/. and i looove that u made that purse yourself because i have been dying over the theory one for awhile now.

check out my blog i think youd like it
very vintage hippie meets modern fashionista

http://cheyennemeetschanel.blogspot.com

xoxo
much love from west hollywood ca
shea

Mali rĂªve... said...

i'm so in love with this 70's look!! the jeans is really good, and the dress and...STOP speaking!
love all details!

vogueish said...

i love that you made the dress a cover up..i love..it....esp the sheerness of it...oohh..!!!..i love your flared..jeans...and even your furry bag....can i just say that i love everything about this look...you are awesome as ever..!!!!!

Jazmin said...

Amazing post. Love the outfit and the feeling in the photos! Where you relly in some place where you grew up or something?

Gina Ray said...

love it .. great look

missmarc said...

I love your fur bag and sheer coat

Annie said...

you've got one of those cool cross rings! jealous!

FashionLoveLife said...

this jeasn are perfection!!!

www.fashionandloveandlife.blogspot.com

Joon. said...

Love those pants, dear.




www.shevahh.blogspot.com

Marina said...

great pics

lolo dahling said...

LOVE the cut dress idea...BRILL!! Pulling out my scissors RIGHT now...
xo-LLD

http://www.lolodahling.com

Jenae said...

Fantastic outfit girl..You hit the mark with this outfit..I would so wear it too!! Love your blog to death!!

http://sassbass.blogspot.com

Xoxo

Abbie said...

You look DOPE! Like vintage much? lol, I think you would like my blog, check me out at www.msmadeulook.blogspot.com

NobodyKnowsMarc said...

love your outfit!
www.nobodyknowsmarc.blogspot.com

ANewPairOfVintageBoots said...

fucking amazing. I'm following you with bloglovin'

Raven Willow Moon said...

Gorgeous look your style is refreshing!
Check out my new blog, it is in the rough stages but I am creating a one of a kind line featuring 60's and 70's rock inspired designs. Theres a lot of bewitching magic going on here in TX, as I'm sure you would agree ;-) http://ravenwillowmoon.blogspot.com/

Wild Flower said...

FANTASTIC idea with the dress! Worked out perfectly, outta sight!!!!
Those jeans are mean. So cool, will check out that link. Can't wait to see some of those amazing furs etc that you got. Peace x

Kasturi S. // biggest fan. said...

LOVE IT. Reminds me of a kimono.
You know what, thats exactly what I am going to hunt for now. A kimono. And if all else fails - I will rock it vintage virgin style. Genius to turn it into a sheer coat.
I do that to shirts all the time. But never thought of doing it do a dress.

THAAAAAAAANKS :D
xo

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...