Friday, October 22, 2010

Tourisaurus REX

(everything thrifted from head to toe)
vintage Tourisaurus Rex tee, vintage chambray buttondown, vintage peekaboo lace maxi dress, vintage felt ranger hat, DIY fur muff bag("The BEAST"), vintage leopard pony hair belt, Zara suede wedge boots, vintage cross necklace/bangles vintage tortoise shell round sunnies and B.E. rings

INSPIRATION:
photo courtesy of fashiontoast
Let's face the facts I'm broke as FUCK and can't afford designer duds. So I always DIY it or try and find it in vintage! "If you ain't got it, make it" is my motto in life. I am happy to say I achieved 2 of my lastest obsessions the lace maxi dress and fur muff bag! YAAAAAAY! They even go well together.
I decided to dress it down, so I won't look like Queen of the Super Goths, with one of my favorite fun tees and chambray buttondown. Add a hat just like that and a leopard belt for a lil party at the waist. A shitload of jewelry, walk your ass to the park and take pictures!!
The pictures were taken by Ephraim, my son, and as a mom I am soooooo PROUD of him!! He gets better every time. I seriously need to put him in the photography program at his school. He could be the next big thing, WOOOOOOOO child labor, yeah!! I guess I won't be needing a photographer boyfriend anymore, haha!! Don't you hate that??
Anywho there's more coming so check back daily! I'm here, not queer and I'm not going away anytime soon! So many looks coming up people, it's RIDIC!
Kisses,
Virgin

21 comments:

Ivania santos By DIAMOND said...

AMAZING <3

Danielle Simmons said...

lol!!!!! Luv your honesty.
Youre the bloGger of the day on my BLOG-- #just sayin

heeeeyyyyyy

NĂ¡dia said...

ADORE this outfit sooo much! Statement skirt!!! <3

http://myfashioninsider.blogspot.com/

missmarc said...

that dress is to die for. where is it from? that Touriasarous Rex shirt is hilarious too :)

fashionforwriters.com said...

Oh gosh, your son really is talented and I've been secretly admiring your outfits for way too long to not finally come out with my boldfaced love of your abilities to thrift and scavenge and mix and match the most amazing outfits! I'm crazy about sheer maxi skirts right now and if I weren't living in a part of France where there is absolutely no thrift stores to scour, I would be on a mad hunt for one right now!

xx Jenny

summer said...

gosh that dress! tha dress! i want to be your shadow for a day

Magnieta said...

genial ! ;)

bravegrrl said...

loving your dress!

Annie said...

this is my favourite outfit I've ever seen of yours! dude I'm in awe

Anonymous said...

Your looks are great, really. I superlove almost all of them. You´re imaginative and incredibly able to mix different styles and make something impressive, but I sometimes think you post so many pictures that people get bored with your outfits. Why don´t you try uploading less pictures so we feel we wanna see more?

OF COURSE, I FOLLOW YOU

Heels lover said...

Awesome dress!Oh, and that hat...i drool!

http://thrilloftheheel.blogspot.com/

Chhan said...

Nice outfit :)

BRUNETTE BRAID said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE!!
I wear a similar outfit yesterday! :D !

*Katia* said...

love the lace dress and the bag :)

Anonymous said...

heya virgin!!! just wanted to say ur skirt is supa dupa! for some one who has little $$$ you always look amazing & your outfits r really creative! i know what you mean about being freakin broke- i was out of work for over a year!! had to move home with my mom!! & am now a student- crap! i feel like i've been cashless for years! thank god for 2nd hand, thrift & op shops!- though you seem to have more luck with good pieces than me!good on you georgous! jodi.x

QueenVII said...

Love it!!!! You're an inspiration because I can't afford all the new and fancypants shit either! You look like you have expensive things without paying the pricetag!

Wild Cat said...

Your style is so cute and always on point ;)
xx
Olivia Lopez
http://www.lusttforlife.com

NobodyKnowsMarc said...

love the skirt!
www.nobodyknowsmarc.blogspot.com

WanderLust said...

wow amazing look! and def great photos by your son!! hehe.. lovveee following :) i think you'd lust our vintage finds too!

www.lovelywanderlust.com

Celine said...

The skirt is incredible!!!!

Terri said...

Gorgeous DIY skirt!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...